Thread: SQLWB.exe

Unanswered: SQLWB.exe

SqlWb.exe cosumes all my resouces. ... I'm also having significant problem with sqlwb.exe.

How much RAM do you have on the machine running SQL 2005?

sqlwb.exe is the SQL 2005 Management Console executable, and when opening tables and running queries, it is fairly normal for it to tax the processor. If you don't have enough RAM, or just meet the minimal requirements for SQL 2005, then you will have issues with the program running.

Even with 4 GB of RAM, my processors will peak for a few seconds when using an open table query.

Is there an event in particular that is triggering the problem?

Also, check and reinstall your graphics drivers, lots of users have reported an issue with sqlwb.exe and outdated graphics drivers. No idea why, but it's worked in a lot of cases.
    "An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly understood; an inconvenience is only an adventure wrongly considered." ~G.K. Chesterton

This happens when I tried running SSIS packages that load data in tables.

It's actually pretty common, especially when you are on the minimum side of RAM.

Seriously, try reloading your graphics drivers. There is a known bug with the new management console and older graphics drivers. I ended up reloading the NVidia drivers on my one instance and it made all the difference.

How much data are we talking?
    "An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly understood; an inconvenience is only an adventure wrongly considered." ~G.K. Chesterton