Unanswered: Connection Reset

Hi all

I have build an application on top of SQL Server 2005 and i am using microsoft driver. My application stops periodically becoz of Database Connection Loss and I get the following exception

com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: An exception occurred during the DBComms.transmit operation. Exceptionocket closed. Context5) [Thread[Thread-55,5,main], IO:7e2dc, Dbc:null].
    10:06:14:703 AM at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException.ma keFromDriverError(Unknown Source)
    10:06:14:703 AM at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.DBComms.transmit(Unkn own Source)
    10:06:14:703 AM at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.IOBuffer.sendCommand( Unknown Source)
    10:06:14:703 AM at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerStatement.se ndExecute(Unknown Source)
    10:06:14:703 AM at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerStatement.do ExecuteQuery(Unknown Source)
    10:06:14:703 AM at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerPreparedStat ement.executeQuery(Unknown Source)

Unable to find the exact reason for the above problem. Pl advice

Thanks & Rgds
    Roshini

It apppears to me that you get some kind of timeout, and the connection is closed, but I might be proven wrong. Nevertheless, you should handle such cases, as this may happen even in the most critical high availability solutions, for instance if a SQL Server Cluster is failing over. Applications should be able to reconnect automagically.
    Ole Kristian Velstadbråten Bangås - Virinco - MSSQL.no - Facebook - Twitter