Exclamation Unanswered: Dump data into database

If i look in the table i do not find any rows that makes my constraints non-unique,
    what i do is making an export from a database SAS2000P

and want to import it into an empty database SAS2000A (with the instruction shown below)

imp system/luxor2@sas2000a.eanl.local file=\\srvdb02\i$\dump\sas2000.dmp log=\\srvdb02\i$\dump\sas2000_imp.log fromuser=sas2000 touser=sas2000 ignore=y statistics=none
    Last edited by PascalWouters; 03-23-07 at 06:29.

Provided Answers: 4
    It might be.

Because, the reason might be in a dump file. For example, you have enabled constraints in a target database, but they have been disabled in a source database. So, you could have entered duplicate values there, but those records will fail to import into a target table.

Even though the database is empty, the data that you are loading seems to be non-unique for the column ACCTNO ?

[Edit]
    Sorry Littlefoot...I should have refreshed my screen prior to posting.

If i look in the table i do not find any rows that makes my constraints non-unique,
    what i do is making an export from a database SAS2000P

and want to import it into an empty database SAS2000A (with the instruction shown below)

imp system/luxor2@sas2000a.eanl.local file=\\srvdb02\i$\dump\sas2000.dmp log=\\srvdb02\i$\dump\sas2000_imp.log fromuser=sas2000 touser=sas2000 ignore=y statistics=none

PS i just deleted by question....

Hm. I didn't quite get it: why did you remove the original question?

Basically, it is a bad habit deleting/updating previous messages as this action makes the whole topic difficult to understand. OK, everyone from time to time says something stupid, but - who cares? - apologize in the next message or correct yourself and that's it.

Back to your problem: if you are SURE that duplicates do not exist in a source table, then - as far as I can tell - target table is not empty. As it is a very simple task - check whether it is empty or not, and you'll know the answer.

One more thing: is there a database trigger on a table? If so, what does it do?

@ebrian: I write small letters and it takes less time to finish a message. Try to practice and you'll see the result very soon. Heheheheh!

I did not do a post reply but overtyped my tread, stupidity on my side
    sorry for that

Target table is empty, i did that manualy /

what do you mean with database trigger on table?

Best Regards

Pascal

If you have a GUI tool (like Oracle SQL Developer or TOAD or ...), you'll easily check it. If not, connect to the target database and, while in SQL*Plus, execute
    Code:
    SELECT * FROM user_triggers WHERE table_name = 'TABLE_NAME';
    Post here the result of this SELECT statement (if any).

There are no triggers on the tables

Quote Originally Posted by PascalWouters
    If i look in the table i do not find any rows that makes my constraints non-unique
    Could you post a SELECT statement which you used to check this? Also, mention which column(s) are used to create a unique constraint.