Red face Unanswered: Begin Date and End Date

Hi all
    I want my users to be able to pick between the beginning date and the end date, for Example with the code I have below they can enter in a final suit date and then they get the results through query or report or whatever, what I want for them to be able to do is enter a beginning date and an end date
    Code:
     Between [Enter the Start Date] And [Enter the End Date]
    thats how access interprets it (Jet SQL) how would I do that in SQL Server?? Help Please

Code:
    SELECT     TM#, LASTNAME, FIRSTNAME, CONDITIONAL, DATEOFCONDITIONAL, FINALSUITDONE
    FROM         dbo.EmployeeGamingLicense
    WHERE     (FINALSUITDONE = @Enter_FINALSUITDONE)

Provided Answers: 6
    I would have my stored procedure accept those dates as parameters. Presuming Access is still your front end, get the values from the user via a form, then pass them to the SP.
    Paul

Yes Access 2003

Yes thats the front end, but can you elaborate because I'm am not getting anywhere at all..Oh GOOD GRAVY THE FRUSTRATION LEVELS IS CLIMBING..LOL

What exactly are you trying to accomplish? How are you calling/executing the SP?
    Paul

Accomplish

I am trying to get it so that users can enter the beginning of the date like 12/1/2004 to 12/31/2004

I have a parameter in an ADP that allows them to enter the FinalSuit date 12/31/2005 and they see all the final suit for that date but I was wanting to give them a range, does that make sense

To be honest, I don't use ADP's so I'm probably not your best source of info. I don't see the advantages of them, and I know of 3 Access MVP's that recommend against them.
    Paul

Unhappy Yes I know

But when you work for a company that refuses to shell out money for a better front end then you use what you got

Oh, Access is fine; I use it all the time. I simply stick with MDB/MDE front ends, not ADP. They seem to handle form references differently, so I figure someone with more ADP experience will be better able to help.
    Paul

Thanks Anyways

Thanks for trying Its just frustrating cause Jet SQL and Sql server can be like apples and oranges

Heres a report that has an example

Code:
    SELECT [Main Table].[IR Number], [Main Table].Date, [Main Table].Inspector, [Main Table].Area, [Main Table].Violation, [Main Table].[Violation Type], [Main Table].Loss, [Main Table].[Loss Type], [Main Table].Employee, [Main Table].Action, [Main Table].[Action Type], [Main Table].Notes
    FROM [Main Table]
    WHERE ((([Main Table].Date) Between [Enter the Start Date] And [Enter the End Date]))
    ORDER BY [Main Table].[IR Number]
    GO