Unanswered: DBCC execution completed. If DBCC printed error messages, contact your system adminis

Hi All,

I am playing with DBCC command to check the contsrainst on a perticular table (DBCC CHECKCONSTRAINTS ('myTable') WITH ALL_CONSTRAINTS), it always gives the following result:

DBCC execution completed. If DBCC printed error messages, contact your system administrator.

nothing more than that, anyone can help please?

Cheers,
    Riaz

What more do you need? If DBCC CHECKCONSTRAINTS doesn't return a record set, then you can assume that everything is fine.
    Last edited by roac; 03-26-07 at 08:05.
    Ole Kristian Velstadbråten Bangås - Virinco - MSSQL.no - Facebook - Twitter

Actually, I m aware that there are some enabled foreign key constrainsts. And when I try to truncate this table it gives error.... I want to check which one constrainst are enabled.... this is not enough I want to explore DBCC command in detail. It always given that information only

DBCC CHECKCONSTRAINTS does nor enumerate the constraints, it merely verifes them.

If you want to see which constraints are on a table, just script it out from either Enterprise Mangler (use 3rd tab to put check next to indexes and constraints) or Object Browser.

-- This is all just a Figment of my Imagination --