Unanswered: Cannot Import External Data

I was hoping someone could help me with this issue. I am trying to import external data from an access database. The data that i am trying to import is from a query. Now the issue here is that when i connect to the database that i need to export the data from, i can only see the tables. I am not able to see the queries.

Now, one thing that i noticed was that i was able to import data from a query from another database, but not this one. This leads me to beleive that there is something going on with this database.

Thanks for any help,

Steve G

Are you importing the data into excel from access using data--> Import external data ? If yes, then you are in the same boat as mine, because i had faced a similar issue last year. After much investigation, I realised that if the query contains an expression such as (UDF or access functions having no similar equivalence in excel), then that query is not visible while trying to import the data into excel.
    A workaround could be that you export the data from the query into another table and then import that data into excel.

And another way would be to create the query in MSQuery referring to the data tables verses the query in MS Access.

Derbyshire, UK
    Provided Answers: 1
    Hi Steve

Just one thought I had.

Are you connecting to the backend of a split DB?

If so, then the chances are all the queries are in the frontend, with table only in the backend !!?

As I said, just a thought.

What kind of things are UDF's in this instance? I have a similar issue (although I can see the table, when I import it I just get headers and blank rows) but the only criteria on my query is "*" to ensure one of the fields is populated.