Unanswered: pull & push data from sql server

Hi,

my current applications are present in SQL server (and will continue to do so) whereas i am developing a new application using db2.....it so happens that i want to get data into DB2 from SQL (say after a select where clause) ......how can i do that????

And if i want to insert data back into SQL server is that possible too??? If yes how???

Provided Answers: 5
    I think what you want is called Heterogenious Replication. You will need to look in the DB2 Reference manuals on how to set this up for you specific application.

Andy

As per my knowledge, if you want to communicate from DB2 to SQL server you may have to use IBM Data Joiners.
    Vinay,

in v8 it is called DB2 Information integrator or Websphere information integrator
    in V9 it is called Websphere federation server
    both with relational and non-relational wrappers
    Best Regards, Guy Przytula
    DB2 UDB LUW certified V6/7/8

On the SQL Server side, you could set up a Linked Server to the DB2 database. This Linked Server can be used to select data from the DB2 database and insert/update data to the DB2 database. The IBM DB2 Runtime Client would need to be installed on the SQL Server box of course.

I guess it is going to be much easier (and probably cost effective) to set up replication (near real-time data copy) from the SQL Server side ...

If you want to do data copy at scheduled intervals, DTS may prove useful

Sathyaram
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.