Unanswered: autostorage scenario question

DB2 8.2.2
    AIX 5.3

If I currently have 6 filesystems, 100G each, used for the autostorage paths of one database with 30 tablespaces spanning these 6 filesystems

and these filesytems (1-6) are running out of space and I do not want to increase these filesystems any more

so I create 6 more filesystems, 100G each and add them to the autostorage path

(1)
    will the autostorage mechanism create a new stripe set for any of the 30 tablespaces that need to auto-grow to span all 12 filesystems and then create yet another new stripe set only on the newest 6 filesystems when there is absolutely no space available on the first 6 filesystems and auto-growth needs to happen again?

(2)
    or, will the autostorage mechanism just create a new stripe set on the newest 6 filesystems for the tablespaces when they auto-grow and basically render the minimal available space on the first 6 filesystems permanently unused?

Thanks.

it will be neither (1) nor (2). The new containers will be used for old tablespaces only if the old containers are full.
    For the temp table space all 12 container will be used after deactivate/activate.

So, new storage paths added to the autostorage paths will not be used by a given tablespace until a tablespace's containers are full and auto-growth needs to occur?

Correct. If you create a new tablespace all 12 paths will be used or only the new 6 paths, if the old paths have little free space.

Thanks.

One last question though:
    In the event of a database restore, would all 12 storage paths be used immediately (creating a single stripe set for each tablespace) or would the original tablespace maps be re-instituted?

Thanks again.