Hi all I'm having some serious difficulty with converting the queries in the MDB that I inherited to an ADP.
when they execute the query it asks them to enter in a date [Month and Year] then you get the results. It basically tells the users how many reports each inspector did for that month and year and they it gives the over all total.
Below is the query the MDB uses

Code:
SELECT DISTINCTROW Inspectors.[Last Name], Inspectors.[First Name], Format$([Main Table].Date,'mmmm yyyy') AS [Date By Month], Count(*) AS [Count Of Main Table]
FROM Inspectors INNER JOIN [Main Table] ON Inspectors.ID = [Main Table].Inspector
GROUP BY Inspectors.[Last Name], Inspectors.[First Name], Format$([Main Table].Date,'mmmm yyyy'), Year([Main Table].Date)*12+DatePart('m',[Main Table].Date)-1
HAVING (((Format$([Main Table].[Date],'mmmm yyyy'))=[Enter the Month and Year]));

I got rid of the distinctrow part, and this is what I came up with
Code:
SELECT     Inspector, 'Date: Year([Main Table]).Date,mm yyyy)' AS [Date by Month], COUNT('Count of [Main Table]:Count(*)') AS [Count], YEAR(Date) 
                      * 12 + DATEPART('m', Date) - 1 AS Year, 'Date:([Main Table].[Date],mmmm yyyy)' AS [Enter Month and Year]
FROM         dbo.[Main Table]
GROUP BY Inspector, 'Date: Year([Main Table]).Date,mm yyyy)', YEAR(Date) * 12 + DATEPART('m', Date) - 1

but of course thats all wrong, can anyone tell me whats wrong with this??