Unanswered: (newbie) ORA-12560 error

Hi,
    I am extremely new to database dev. and oracle therefore forgive me if this question is stupid.
    I have oracle 10.x database on win2003 server and everything was fine, today I have this error(ora-12560). After reboot, research(google) and try various modification suggested on forums, I am still unable to fix it. Can someone help me out.

Listener.ora:
    # listener.ora Network Configuration File: C:\oracle\product\10.2.0\db_1\network\admin\listen er.ora
    # Generated by Oracle configuration tools.

SID_LIST_LISTENER =
    (SID_LIST =
    (SID_DESC =
    (SID_NAME = PLSExtProc)
    (ORACLE_HOME = C:\oracle\product\10.2.0\db_1)
    (PROGRAM = extproc)
    )
    )

LISTENER =
    (DESCRIPTION_LIST =
    (DESCRIPTION =
    (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = IPC)(KEY = EXTPROC1))
    (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = BI-Objects)(PORT = 1521))
    )
    )

sqlnet.ora:
    # sqlnet.ora Network Configuration File: C:\oracle\product\10.2.0\db_1\network\admin\sqlnet .ora

# This file is actually generated by netca. But if customers choose to
    # install "Software Only", this file wont exist and without the native
    # authentication, they will not be able to connect to the database on NT.

SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICES= (NTS)

NAMES.DIRECTORY_PATH= (TNSNAMES, EZCONNECT)

tnsnames.ora:
    # tnsnames.ora Network Configuration File: C:\oracle\product\10.2.0\db_1\network\admin\tnsnam es.ora

ORCL =
    (DESCRIPTION =
    (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = BI-Objects)(PORT = 1521))
    (CONNECT_DATA =
    (SERVER = DEDICATED)
    (SERVICE_NAME = orcl)
    )
    )

EXTPROC_CONNECTION_DATA =
    (DESCRIPTION =
    (ADDRESS_LIST =
    (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = IPC)(KEY = EXTPROC1))
    )
    (CONNECT_DATA =
    (SID = PLSExtProc)
    (PRESENTATION = RO)
    )
    )

Listener.log:

TNSLSNR for 32-bit Windows: Version 10.2.0.1.0 - Production on 02-APR-2007 08:46:20

Copyright (c) 1991, 2005, Oracle. All rights reserved.

System parameter file is C:\oracle\product\10.2.0\db_1\network\admin\listen er.ora
    Log messages written to C:\oracle\product\10.2.0\db_1\network\log\listener .log
    Trace information written to C:\oracle\product\10.2.0\db_1\network\trace\listen er.trc
    Trace level is currently 0

Started with pid=4416
    Listening on: (DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=ipc)(PIPENAME=\\.\ pipe\EXTPROC1ipc)))
    Listening on: (DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=BI-Objects)(PORT=1521)))
    Listener completed notification to CRS on start

TIMESTAMP * CONNECT DATA [* PROTOCOL INFO] * EVENT [* SID] * RETURN CODE
    WARNING: Subscription for node down event still pending
    02-APR-2007 08:46:22 * (CONNECT_DATA=(CID=(PROGRAM=)(HOST=)(USER=simg))(C OMMAND=status)(ARGUMENTS=64)(SERVICE=LISTENER)(VER SION=169869568)) * status * 0
    02-APR-2007 08:46:28 * (CONNECT_DATA=(CID=(PROGRAM=)(HOST=__jdbc__)(USER= ))(SERVICE_NAME=orcl)) * (ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=10.0.0.1)(PORT=2535)) * establish * orcl * 12514
    TNS-12514: TNS:listener does not currently know of service requested in connect descriptor
    02-APR-2007 08:46:28 * (CONNECT_DATA=(CID=(PROGRAM=)(HOST=__jdbc__)(USER= ))(SERVICE_NAME=orcl)) * (ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=10.0.0.1)(PORT=2536)) * establish * orcl * 12514
    TNS-12514: TNS:listener does not currently know of service requested in connect descriptor
    02-APR-2007 08:46:28 * (CONNECT_DATA=(CID=(PROGRAM=)(HOST=__jdbc__)(USER= ))(SERVICE_NAME=orcl)) * (ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=10.0.0.1)(PORT=2538)) * establish * orcl * 12514
    02-APR-2007 08:46:28 * (CONNECT_DATA=(CID=(PROGRAM=)(HOST=__jdbc__)(USER= ))(SERVICE_NAME=orcl)) * (ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=10.0.0.1)(PORT=2539)) * establish * orcl * 12514
    Last edited by nsquar3; 04-02-07 at 12:52.

Where the Surf Meets the Turf @Del Mar, CA
    Provided Answers: 1
    >SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICES= (NTS)
    try
    SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICES= (NONE)
    You can lead some folks to knowledge, but you can not make them think.
    The average person thinks he's above average!
    For most folks, they don't know, what they don't know.
    Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement.

had try it. It didn't work. The weird thing is that this server with this setting had alway work, I am the only user on this server therefore no one else should modify it.

I have to believe that the TNSNAMES.ORA file being used is NOT the one you think is being used.
    >TNS-12514: TNS:listener does not currently know of service requested in connect descriptor
    02-APR-2007 08:46:28 * (CONNECT_DATA=(CID=(PROGRAM=)(HOST=__jdbc__)(USER= ))(SERVICE_NAME=orcl)) * (ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=10.0.0.1)(PORT=2539)) * establish * orcl * 12514

Please NOTE: (PORT=2539) above!
    The incoming connection request is trying to use PORT=2539; not 1521

Find ALL the tnsnames.ora files on your client machine. Make sure that they are correct. Most tools will follow the windows path to find the first tnsnames.ora file and use it.
    Bill
    You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice.

If JDBC thin client is being used [(HOST=__jdbc__)], then TNSNAMES.ORA is not used AFAIK in some/many/most/all cases.

THANKS for all the help, but do to short time I take an easy route and reinstall everything, which also didn't work for some reason(same problem). As of right now, I use MS SQL Server instead since I need to fix the problem asap.

Anacedent,
    Thanks for the clue, I think this might cause the problem since I recently install jdbc into the server. I have to look up on this on.