Arrow Unanswered: Granting permission to write to an access file

Hi,

I am trying to write to an access mdb file in visual studio's c#, and I understand that to do that I have to grant read and write permissions to the folder which contains the mdb file.

But when I try to add the <machine_name>\ASPNET account to that folder I get the following message:

An object named "A-34C4F5F8B0A44\ASPNET" cannot be found. Check the selected object types and location for accuracy and ensure that you typed the object name correctly, or remove this object from the selection.

Note: I am using windows XP Pro

Please help me since my deadline is close

Thanks

Obs - delighted to see you posting in the correct forum

I am not a system admin but I will have a stab. Is the ASPNET account a local account? Will you not need to use a domain account to access a share\ UNC path? Or is this a local folder?
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump
    ur codings are working excelent.

Hi,
    I'm sorry if I'm too dense, but from what I gather you can grant permission to the ASPNET service (or is it account) from the local machine. The folder that contains the mdb file is indeed a local folder and the application which I built in visual studio is on my local machine.

A-34C4F5F8B0A44 is the machine name right?

If I go to one of my local folders -> right click -> Properties -> security -> Add -> and I enter
    MachineName\ASPNET
    -> click ok it works fine. Are you sure there is a local ASPNET account enabled? (not sure if it is always created in an XP install....)
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump
    ur codings are working excelent.

I did exactly this procedure, and got the message I mentioned earlier. How do I know if the ASPNET account is enabled, and if it is not what should I do to install it ? Isn't it supposed to be installed when I install IIS ?
    Thanks