Unanswered: have IF function return no value

How do I get the IF function retrun a blank cell when the condition is not met?

I have tried to leave value_is_false empty but that will return a zero. If I fill the value_is_false with two quotes the cell looks empty but is actually not empty.

I know it is not empty in this case because another formula uses the outcome of the IF statement and this formula does not work if the IF function returns the two quotes (which looks like an empty cell) but does work when I delete the contents of the cell in which the If statement is used.

doe anyone have any ideas?
    Nobody dies a virgin because life screws us all!

Howdy. What is the other formula you are using? Most often I have found that the double quotes work fine for showing "no result".
    old, slow, and confused
    but at least I'm inconsistent!

Rich
    (retired Excel 2003 user, 3/28/2008)

How to ask a question on forums

the formula is not a normal excel function but an excel addin function. quotes does not do the trick

One possibility is to copy the column, elsewhere, paste special values, and then let the add-in use that new pasted column. If this will be done frequently then you can use VBA code to accomplish it quickly/efficiently.

BTW, out of curiosity, which add-in is it?
    old, slow, and confused

Rich

it's called Quark and is especially for banks. If I am not mistaking it is even designed inhouse

Not heard of it. I have heard of Quark Express, of course, but that is page layout.

I'm a little surprised that the add-in does not accept normal formula output. Normally when designers of add-ins work on it, they insure that it fits within normal Excel processes, etc.

Will the VBA solution work?
    old, slow, and confused

Rich

I have chosen a different and simple approach. instead of the double quotes I will let the IF statement Return "Remove" when the if formula fails. After that I willl do a simple find and replace with nothing which works fine.