Unanswered: SQL 2005 BOL Error

Is anyone else having issues with SQL 2005 Books on line? Whenever I start it, I get a critical failure in Microsoft Document Explorer and then the application crashes. When it restarts, it won't display a document. When I click on the "what's in the report" (for the crash dump to send to M$), I get the following:

AppName: dexplore.exe AppVer: 8.0.50727.762 AppStamp:457150d7
    ModName: msenv.dll ModVer: 8.0.50727.762 ModStamp:457169f3
    fDebug: 0 Offset: 0046874e
    When I click on the links provided, it takes me to a page that says I probably have a root kit virus. I used sysinternals tools to validate that there are no rootkits.

I am running:
    Dell Latitude D505 (1 GB RAM)
    Windows XP (SP2, all updates)
    SQL 2005 (SP2)

I am also running:
    SQL 2000 (SP4)
    Visual Studio 6.0 (SP6)
    Visual Studio .Net 2003
    MSDN Library (April 2004)

Any thoughts?

Regards,

Hugh
    Have you hugged your backup today?

Provided Answers: 11
    I have not had this error, but I am running a slightly earlier version of dexplore, apparently (8.0.50727.42 RTM). I take it you have already done the uninstall/reinstall routine?

Quote Originally Posted by MCrowley
    I have not had this error, but I am running a slightly earlier version of dexplore, apparently (8.0.50727.42 RTM). I take it you have already done the uninstall/reinstall routine?
    Honestly, I haven't. I've been very reluctant to try that. I am (supposedly) getting a new laptop in about 4 weeks. I've had this issue for so long, that I've just tended to ignore. I use T/S to access BOL on a Sandbox server and deal with it that way.

I'm going to cut down on my installation profile when I get my new laptop. Now SQL 2000 (sniff, sniff) and no VB 6 (also sniff, sniff).

Regards,

hmscott
    Have you hugged your backup today?