Unanswered: Publish Microsoft Access 2002 to Internet

Good day, how can I publish my Microsoft Access 2002 program to the internet so that workers from US and workers from Asia could enter data simultaneously

The best way is to use ASP code within your website to gain access to the data your Access database holds. As for using your Access forms, that is not going to happen. You will need to write the whole application as a web application, but you can use Access as the data storage.

Provided Answers: 10
    An alternate solution would be to host the database on a secure Citrix Server.
    This will allow remote access to a database.

Or: server/mapped network drive - stick the db BE there and give each person a local FE copy
    George
    Home | Blog

Provided Answers: 59
    you may be able to use data access pages (assuming that all your users have copy of access, assuming that they can all get adequate connection speed to the server containing the JET database). but personally I doubt you will get good enough service using data access pages over the internet, UNLESS you are talking to a server backend that you access application talks to

failing that you may be able to go get an ISP which can publish your JET data and use a web front end (as Vic says probably written in ASP or .ASP, but they are not the only contenders)

depending on volume of data and users yu will almost certainly need to use a server backend. if the budget fits then MS SQL server is probably the preferred contender, but again there are other options.
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

Provided Answers: 10
    I imagine that wasn't the low budget response fudj was looking for
    Scrap my network drive idea, just re-read the Asia to America bit *ahem*.

ADP will be sluggish as anything. You have to ask yourself - how many concurrent users are you expecting? How much data are you collecting/accessing and what is the lifespan of that data?

If the answers are "more than 5" and "the database will frow to more than 2Gb before the data expires" - then Access is NOT your solution.

SQL Server 2005 or MS SQL. MS SQL is the cheapest option but you'll still need your ASP (as mentioned, not the only solution)
    George
    Home | Blog