Unanswered: Expert help needed please

I am fairly new to ASP , so I am hoping you guys might be able to help with this problem I have. I've done countless searches with no success. Anyway here goes.

I've created a page with 2 frames top and bottom. I can remove this if desirable. I had read somewhere that the server is unlikely to recognise frames. On top frame I have 2 list boxes that call codes from a database and 2 text boxes for user input. The user picks a code from 1st box and then a valid code from 2nd box. They then enter data into the to other boxes. I want the input from all of these boxes to form a sting of text accross the page. I guess the response.write function is the one to use, but I am completely stuffed so any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks in advance

Provided Answers: 10
    I too would guess at Response.Write

What have you called your textboxes/listboxes/controls?
    You should use both id= and name= (for XHTML and browser compatibility - or so I'm told).

Let'sm just try get a single one to be displayed first, eh?
    Stick your code for your first text box (only the textbox code!) and we'll see what we can produce.
    George
    Home | Blog

Thanks for offering to help GeorgeV

code for 1st text box is

Code:
     <input name="txtID" type="text" id="txtID">
    Having completed the most difficult task of getting 2 drop down boxes to work in tandem, to get stuck here is causing loss of hair.

I've dumped the idea of using frames as I can see this being very messy so it all refreshes on the same page after pressing submit button now. All users will be accessing pages in IE6. You might be wondering why I need to do this and to explain, I need to cut down on staff errors when applying notes to customers bookings. For instance they will only be able to pick codes from drop down box 2 that are valid with the code picked in box 1. The code in box 1 is A through to G, but I have added the extra parts in the correct places that I need for querying the database so A has now become [|A*. When the submit botton is pressed then the string of text appearing on the page can be cut & pasted into booking notes which hopefully should reduce the high number of errors that I'm getting at the moment.

Thanks again for your help. Much appreciated.

Dave

You know what, I don't even have to write my answer now - here's a perfectly good one if you ask me!
    http://w3schools.com/asp/showasp.asp...emo_simpleform
    EDIT: check out this reference to ASP forms on w3schools http://w3schools.com/asp/asp_inputforms.asp
    George
    Home | Blog

Javascript

If you want just to show the text with the submit button at a frame (or at page) and nothing else you may use Javascript.
    Something like this or this

Thanks guys. Managed to get this done. Stayed away from javascript. Just something else I would need to learn and I don't have the time at the moment. The external links you provided georgev were very useful and I will spend a bit of time there when I get this piece of work finished.

Many thanks again guys

w3schools is the best web development tutorial site ever...

And why not post your solution to help others who may have the same problem in the future
    George
    Home | Blog