Unanswered: ODBC data source setup

Hi,
    I have an oracle data on server1, and I want to connect to it using odbc on server2. I setup a System DSN with TNS service name of "server1:1521rcl" and it didn't work. Can anyone help me on this problem? I am not sure what the format of the TNS Service Name on this. I am unable to successfully connect to it using SQuirrel using jdbc.

Server1=Window 2003 Server with Oracle 10g.
    Error: ORA-12545, I notice the problem occur before tcp connection since I sniff the network.

Also, how trouble is it use Oracle instead of other database such as MS SQL and MySQL? Since I start on database(3 week), I am constantly have problem with Oracle while MySQL and MS-SQL are pretty newbie friendly.

Thanks for your time.

You will have to install the oracle client and an oracle odbc agent. You will also have to setup your tnsnames.ora table so that odbc knows where to locate the database.
    Bill
    You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice.

Quote Originally Posted by beilstwh
    You will have to install the oracle client and an oracle odbc agent. You will also have to setup your tnsnames.ora table so that odbc knows where to locate the database.
    Thanks, I didn't know you have to setup the tnsnames for client also, I thought it's server setup only.