Unanswered: Date Time of a backed up database

Pls tell me,can we store or determine the date/time of a database backed up or can we store date/time while taking back up of a database

Provided Answers: 6
    last modified date in windows explorer or DOS? if it is scheduled as a job, there is always the job history.
    “If one brings so much courage to this world the world has to kill them or break them, so of course it kills them. The world breaks every one and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry.” Earnest Hemingway, A Farewell To Arms.

Quote Originally Posted by hritabrata
    Pls tell me,can we store or determine the date/time of a database backed up or can we store date/time while taking back up of a database
    In SQL 2K5, look at the following tables. I think they are the same for SQL 2000.

select top 100 * from backupfile
    select top 100 * from backupfilegroup
    select top 100 * from backupmediafamily
    select top 100 * from backupmediaset
    select top 100 * from backupset [this is the best of the lot, it shows the type of backup, time started and time finished]

Note that according to M$, it is never advisable to query system tables directly.

I was looking for an sp_helpbackup, but apparently this does not exist. There may be other (better) methods for obtaining the data that you are looking for.

Regards,

hmscott
    Last edited by hmscott; 04-10-07 at 09:35.
    Have you hugged your backup today?