Thread: Use Tab Control

Unanswered: Use Tab Control

Hi Dears

I have 3 Forms and I need to use Tap Control with 3 pages then delete the forms.

what should I do?

Do I transfer the forms to the pages as a sub form or just copy the controls from a form,then select the desired tab page and paste the controls "into" the tab page.

which the best idea?

thanks

Provided Answers: 19
    That depends on what the three forms are based on. Are they all based on the same table/query, or different tables/queries? If based on different tables, are the tables related? We need more details than you've given us, in order to help you.
    Hope this helps!

The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007

Hi Missinglinq

they are continue forms
    Each form has table and there no relation between them and based on different quiries

thanks

I would highly recommend that you put the forms you already have, one to each page on the tab control. I have found this is much easier way to deal with controls on a tab control. That is to have them on a form that is used on a tab control page.

Because each of your current forms is from a separate query or table, you will have to use sub forms placed on separate tab pages. The form that holds the tab control can only have one table or query as it's Record Source. So, in order for the three forms with separate tables or queries as their Record Source, you have to have those multiple forms, each with their own Record Source.
    HTH,

Thank you so much

You could also try keep trace of the tabs on the parent form as these are probably disparate subforms. You can then use the tab number to go in different directions. If you have a Enquiry Command Button depending upon which Tab has the focus you can enquire on information relevant to that tab.

With CodeContextObject
    If .[TabNo] = 1 then
    docmd ....
    Elseif .[TabNo] = 2 then
    docmd ...
    Elseif .[TabNo]= 3 then
    docmd ...
    End if
    End With

Simon