Unanswered: highlight instead of select?

here is the code i have using the wizard

Dim rs As Object

Set rs = Me.Recordset.Clone
    rs.FindFirst "[ID] = " & Str(Nz(Me![cmb_custsearch], 0))
    If Not rs.EOF Then Me.Bookmark = rs.Bookmark

The form i have is set up in a columnar orientation and i want a field to be highlighted instead of selected when i search for it

any help is appreciated

Don't quite understand what you mean by highlighted. Generally, when a field is selected, it is highlighted, so I'm not sure what you want here. Because the normal way to see something in Access highlighted, is to have it selected. How did you want the highlighting to show?

ok the form i have setup looks like "picture untitled.bmp" i want it to when you search using the combo box and the after update event handle to look like "picture untitled2.bmp"
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails untitled.bmp   untitled2.bmp  

OK, that would be using Conditional Formatting. To get to Conditional Formatting, open the form is design view, right click on Customer Name, select Conditional Formatting (near the bottom of the pop up menu). Here, you can ask this thing to make the background yellow when ID = [Search Customer's Name] field.

I think that should do it for you.

Great job on posting the two images!

yah i guess that would be right i completley forgot about conditional formatting, i figured the pics would clear everything up...

thanks for the help!!