Unanswered: Odd Behaviour in a textbox

I have a client (a function caterer) with factories in several cities. When a factory is selected in a frontend, tables from the appropriate backend are linked in. The title of the factory is then displayed in a textbox on the main switch (read menu) form. Just recently, some odd behaviour has been observed in this textbox. The factory name is not being displayed (though there are a few shapeless pixels in the foreground colour just about where the first character of the name should be). However, if I cover the form with a window in another application (Outlook or Internet Explorer, say) and then make the database the active window again, the whole name has miraculously appeared ! The platform is Access 2000 operating on an Access 97 database.
    Has anybody seen this curious phenomenon. It is pretty trivial but it worries the client.

I'm assuming this is only happening on one computer. Try the app on several other computers. If it only happens on the one, then it is the computer, not Access. If it is Access, then I would highly recommend an upgrade to an Access version that Microsoft still supports. A 10 year old database program is OLD. And, if it is already being run in Access 2000, why has it not be converted to Access 2000 already?

Thank you Guy. i will experiment with the multiple computers idea. Unfortunately, it is the client who has the Access 97 system. They say they are going to update to a later version tomorrow, but tomorrow never comes ! Meanwhile, I load it onto my Access 2000, fix it up as necessary and then convert it back for despatch back to the client.
    Apologies for late acknowledgement - my dbForums login fell over and I had some difficulty re--establishing it. All is OK now, though.
    Jim Wright.