Unanswered: Question about design/replication - RESOLVED

I just need some advice on an issue I'm having. I'm redoing an MS Access 2003 database that has two users. They each need to be able to work from their own computer. The problem here is that network performance is the worst I've ever experienced. For this post, we'll assume that's the way it will stay. Having a shared backend with tables linked to the two frontends is out of the question.

That said, the way I'm leaning towards (and the way it's currently being done) is having an update flag on the record, and when the record's been dirtied, the update flag is set at true. Twice a week, the users will click a button to "synchronize" the data in their tables with the db on the network. That way, they'll receive each other's updates, and all will be right.

Any other suggestions? I've looked into replication, but I don't get the feeling that it would work in this situation. Thanks for your time. Have a great Thursday,
    Justin
    Last edited by jmahaffie; 04-19-07 at 12:26. Reason: Problem fixed

Cancel this post, everyone - network performance scheduled to improve in the next week. Who knew? Thanks for reading.