Unanswered: XSR Registration with Stored Procedures

I am trying to register an XML Schema using ODBC interface. I am calling the Stored Procedure in the following way:

CALL SYSPROC.XSR_REGISTER ('USER', 'Address', 'C:\\Address.xsd',?, NULL)

I get the following error message:

42886(-469)[IBM][CLI Driver][DB2/NT] SQL0469N The parameter mode (IN, OUT, or INOUT) is not valid for a parameter in procedure "XSR_REGISTER" with specific name "XSR_REGISTER" (parameter number "0", name "RSCHEMA"). SQLSTATE=42886

I have also tried this with using the SQLBindParameters method which seems to work but at execution time I get the same message.

I am really out of clues what is going on here and my guess that it is now either a bug or an issue with how to call CLI methods.

I have of course in the SQLBindParameters method played around with the IN , OUT, INOUT modes, but this made no difference.

Any help here would be appreciated.

Regards,
    Mohan

Provided Answers: 1
    How'bout replacing NULL with CAST(NULL AS BLOB(5M))?
    ---
    "It does not work" is not a valid problem statement.

No difference

I tried this but found no difference. The only hint that I have received is that this could be a DB2 bug fixed in the FixPack 2.

Internally I am using the ODBC methods, but i think its a problem of the database because other apps that use ODBC are returning to me the same message.

If you know anything about the issue would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
    Mohan

The 2nd parameter of the procedure is an INOUT parameter (http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce.../c0022710.htm). So have you tried to use SQLBindCol() to provide some storage for the output value?
    Knut Stolze
    IBM DB2 Analytics Accelerator
    IBM Germany Research & Development

Thanks... this was the trick!