Unanswered: MDE Creation Error

I am getting a Access_2578_Q289686 error when trying to create a MDE file. The error states:
    "This error is usually associated with compiling a large database into an MDE file. Due to the method used to compile the database, a considerable number of TableID references are created for each table. The Microsoft Jet database engine version 4.0 can only create a maximum of 2048 open TableIDs at one time. Exporting a database as an MDE potentially can exceed this limit if the database has a large number of objects (tables, macro, form, report, etc)."
    My database has only 196 objects (tables, queries, forms, reoprts, macros, & class objects).
    I tried to create an empty database and import everything, but still received the same message when I tried to create a MDE.
    I am in the design phase of my project. This database has a lot of code as I have been figuring out how to design my system - but no more than the system will have.
    HELP!

Terri,
    If you don't get a good answer here within a reasonable time frame (your call on the time frame), I would suggest calling Microsoft Tech Support. If your copy of Access was purchased from Microsoft, rather than being preinstalled on your system when purchases, you should have two free tech support calls. And from the sounds of this problem, the call should be free anyway, as it sounds like an Access bug.
    If I had ever worked with MDE's I might be able to help with a real answer. Sorry.

Provided Answers: 6
    The usual problem when an mde can't be created is code that won't compile. Does yours compile (Debug/Compile)?
    Paul

Smile

That was it! My code didn't compile. I fixed the problem and now it works.

Thanks Paul! Silly me, I had just assumed the DB was already compiled. I try real hard to keep mine always in that state.

Provided Answers: 6
    Me too, but if you're slicing the ball, you're probably coming over the top, and if you can't create an mde, it probably won't compile. Little golf analogy for you there.
    Paul

I sure know about the slice, but I have never used an MDE before, so I wouldn't think about the compiling. But I sure do like the clear way you explain it to a fellow golfer!

Still waiting for that phone call. Only problem is that I hurt my left foot Sunday morning, so it'll be at least another week before I can work on not slicing it again.