Unanswered: ASP Bulk Email Script using CDOSYS timesout!

Hi,

I have a asp email script which uses cdosys to send emails with attahcments by iterating through a record set of 500 email addresses. However the script simply times out. I know you can increase the script timeout property in IIS but is there any other way of sending bulk emails with cdosys without it timing out?

Does anybody have an email script that can send mass emails efficiently?
    Also how do you run such a script in background thread? Code samples would be appreciated.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Provided Answers: 10
    The real question here is "why" ?
    Why would you want to send out 500 e-mails at any single instance?
    Why not look at using sprocs in your database that can be scheduled as jobs to run.
    George
    Home | Blog

Well its suppose to be done a the end of the day. The reason is to send out an alert for jobs that have been saved by the user that match their criteria which have been posted that day.

How do i use sprocs to do the above am using mySQL by the way?

Provided Answers: 10
    Easier solution: DTS Package.
    George
    Home | Blog

whats a dts package. I've searched the web and all it refers to is SQL server however like I mentioned in my previous post am using MySQL which is a completely different relational database to SQL server.

What about using Windows Hosting Script. would that work? I dont have much experience on it and cant find any tutorials on the net either. Dont suppose you have any experience with it and how i could achieve the above task?

First of all check what is the server time out value. Put on top of the asp page you are running the following code.
    Code:
    <%
    Response.write Server.ScriptTimeout
    Response.end 'This will not execute any ASP code below.
    %>
    Then after determining what is the current timeout value, you can replace the above added code with the following:
    Code:
    <%
    Server.ScriptTimeout=1800
    %>
    Remember the value is equal to no. of seconds.

Hope this Helps...

Khurram.

Thumbs up Bulk Email

So-called millions CDs are commonly advertised in spam. These are CD-ROMs purportedly containing lists of e-mail addresses, for use in sending spam to these addresses. Such lists are also sold directly online, frequently with the false claim that the owners of the listed addresses have requested (or "opted in") to be included. Such lists often contain invalid addresses. In recent years, these have fallen almost entirely out of use due to the low quality e-mail addresses available on them, and because some e-mail lists exceed 20GB in size. The amount you can fit on a CD is no longer substantial.mass email software feature allows you to focus globally when sending emails since it can support international characters.