Using the following code:

Code:
    Dim AdoConnect as new adodb.connection
    Dim RecSet as recordset
    Dim ArrayOne as variant

Set AdoConnect=CurrentProject.Connection
    RecSet.Open "tblUsers", AdoConnect, adOpenDynamic, adLockOptimistic

ArrayOne =RecSet.GetRows(100)
    What I'm trying to find out is how can you then search through the array you have created for a specific record? I've achieved what i want to do by looping through the recordset but I understand that using an array instead is quicker. So how do you extract data from the ArrayOne variable? The table in the recordset has 5 fields with up to 100 records?

Is the 100 just for testing\ dev purposes or is that what you will use in your final solution? If not - how many rows are you likely to use? What are you going to do with your recordset\ array?
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump
    ur codings are working excelent.

Sorry - just reread. If you only have 100 records - stick with the recordset. You will have to loop through the array to find specific records. You can use the find method with the recordset to go straight to it.

HTH
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump

Have you tested your assumption?

BTW, you won't get dynamic cursor on Jet tables, but static or keyset should work.

If I where you, I would test. For ADO, you should test the three following methods up against working with arrays

* opening a new recordset with a where condition
    * using the .Find method (which is slow, and restricted to one column)
    * using the .Filter property

Edit - my initial question was meant for the OP
    Roy-Vidar

Quote Originally Posted by pootle flump
    Sorry - just reread. If you only have 100 records - stick with the recordset. You will have to loop through the array to find specific records. You can use the find method with the recordset to go straight to it.

HTH
    Thanks for all your replies. In this particular instance, it's a user table and there will never be more than 10 records. The main reason I was asking the question was because in the near future, I will be working with recordsets on tables with thousands of records, and I have been told that using an array rather than a loop is much quicker. So basically I was wondering if there was a couple of lines of code which can take the array you have declared. Perhaps you know of a good resource on the net? I can't seem to find any tutorials that give me the answer.
    Cheers
    Last edited by Fuerteventura; 04-20-07 at 08:17.

a quick google (admittedly I probably have a better idea what to look for) and:
    http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en...+array+vb&meta=

Top one looks more than adequate. As Roy says - don't assume that this is quicker. Also, if you are using a client server model you could get the server to do this. Or if you aren't it might still be quicker to do this set based. Depends on what you actually do though of course.
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump

Many thanks for the link and for all your help.