Thread: Hey!

Hey!

Hey guys (and girls). I'm a total newbie when it comes to Database theory (which isn't the best thing to be when you're fighting through Database Management assignments at university), so I joined these forums to contribute and read up about peoples real-world experience with Databases, and to take some of the knowledge this place seems to be so recognised for university and experience for when I go into work, as databases interest me, specifically databases used on the web as I am an avid Web Designer/Developer.

Anyway, thanks in advance for the introductions and any information all you smart people can offer me, and I will try my best to offer what I know to this forum as well.

Welcome to the forums EnderMB!
    Nice to find a student who has joined to learn, rather then just ask for the answers :P (sorry, that's a cheap shot - but it felt good!)
    I too am in this for the learning, and to pass on any knowledge I have when it's needed - so good on you for that too!

Don't be afraid to post theoretical questions, or chip into a thread you're reading when you don't understand something.

Enough from me - welcome to dbforums.com!
    George
    Home | Blog

Thanks for the kind welcome georgev! Students are definitely a lazy bunch, with the SU Bars, cheap alcohol, and lots of time off. Sadly I don't get that luxary as I study at a local college through an affiliation with another university, where we don't get SU Bars, cheap alcohol or lots of time off, and when you're without these luxaries, the prospect of progressing onto a new degree course (I'm second year Computing and I wish to progress onto final year Computer Science after this) you kinda need to learn over getting paralysed with alcohol.

As far as knowledge goes, I don't have that much to offer (mainly PHP stuff), but hopefully I'll be able to gain lots of database knowledge, and if I'm really lucky, Java and Algorithms.

Not all students are lazy, they just manage their time badly... I can only dream of the days I could get up at midday just to go to the pub *sigh*

Oooh PHP, we need more people with knowledge of that!
    Java - don't think there's much on that around here - a few bits and bats on Javascript though!
    George
    Home | Blog