Unanswered: assertion failed 50203 error

Hello guys

im a newbie here so im sorry my first question is quite a tricky one

i have a main database and 4 node replicating databases for a client and the main databse is not validating, it comes up with the following error

"assertion failed 50203 error, a page number appears twice on a roll back"

I would prefer to be able to delete the table as its a table that is not needed, because a re-build would take about 3 days as id need to rebuild the main db then re-extract the other dbs and get everyhting all running

Pleeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaassssssssssssssseeeeeeeeeeeeeee give me some advice, is there a way i can force the deletion??

regards
    macca

am i right in thinking ebf SQL Anywhere 5.5.05 EBF Build #2739 will fix this issue???

The EBF in itself only prevents such corruptions from happening again but does not help in fixing an already corrupt consolidated DB.

Your best bet is to nuke(start with -f and -O together) the transaction log at the consolidated or restore from backup. Once you nuke the log, some of the nodes may fail syncing with consolidated, you would have to re-extract the failing nodes.

Remember, You will lose data with the -f and -O

Quote Originally Posted by willy_and_the_ci
    The EBF in itself only prevents such corruptions from happening again but does not help in fixing an already corrupt consolidated DB.

Your best bet is to nuke(start with -f and -O together) the transaction log at the consolidated or restore from backup. Once you nuke the log, some of the nodes may fail syncing with consolidated, you would have to re-extract the failing nodes.

Remember, You will lose data with the -f and -O

Thanks very much m8, i am resigned to re-building the databse and re-extracting the nodes, i asked the customer if they would upgrade to sybase 9 and i think he might, thanks again