Title Windows Engineer – Active Directory/Exchange engineer

Location New York City

Job ID NTI75885

Position Type Full Time

Responsibilities include but not limited to

• Administration, installation, configuration and supporting MS Exchange 2003 e-mail services, and support of Exchange 3rd party applications (anti-virus and faxing solutions)
• Wireless e-mail services (Blackberry and Good Mobile Technology)
• SMTP/Internet messaging environments
• Active Directory, MS Systems and Exchange environment, disaster recovery operations and procedures
• Proactive monitoring of all MS server systems as well as messaging operations
• Participating in scheduled and unscheduled system maintenance
• Development and maintenance of systems architecture and operations documentation
• Participation in systems testing of patches and updates
• 24/7 technical support of Windows server side environment, which includes rotating on-call responsibilities
• On-call will also be responsible for trouble calls which includes Windows administrative duties

Job Requirements
• 4-year degree, MCSE and/or equivalent work experience
• 5+ years’ hands-on Microsoft Exchange Server experience in an enterprise environment consisting of multiple sites and servers
• Experience in various migration scenarios including Active Directory and Exchange 2003
• Proven troubleshooting skills and hands-on experience with Exchange database utilities, database disaster recovery practices, and Exchange specific backup and restore procedures
• Knowledge of MAPI, SMTP, HTTP, and LDAP protocols
• Advanced knowledge of Internet messaging systems and routing
• Demonstrated knowledge of Active Directory and Windows 2003 architecture
• Experience with Tumbleweed EMF/EDGE, Ironport, Trend Micro ScanMail, various RAID technologies both hardware and software
• Knowledge of backup technologies and monitoring software like MOM is a plus

Ideal person
• Must be able to work in a collaborative team-oriented environment, and be self-motivated and highly professional with exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
• Must also possess strong troubleshooting/support skills.
• May be asked to perform installation of hardware, which would include lifting, assembling and racking of servers.

Compensation & Benefits
Competitive base salary plus bonus. Generous benefits package (details on request). Business casual dress code. Relaxed working environment, quality of life (healthy balance between work and home life).
Note: I’ve placed several IT pros with this client over the past several years and can talk in depth about the company, the culture and management.
What two other IT professionals we have placed with this company have to say:

"Niche Technologists placed me in a great company, one of those rare companies who really do care about their employees. I'm working with most of the senior IT management on a weekly basis which is great . . . all are very well-heeled in their professions. My manager is a great boss and funny. I could not ask for a better environment in which to be."

“It was a pleasure dealing with Niche Technologists and Dan Barber during my job search. I have been working in the IT field for about 8 years now and there are very few recruiting firms like Niche who not only know exactly what the job requires, but are also able to give insight into the people and culture when going for interviews.

“I also found Dan Barber to be an honest and down- to-earth person - never hyping the job, just giving the plain and simple facts along with tips for the particular role I was looking for. Needless to say, I found a great position in an excellent Fortune 100 company thanks to Niche Tech."