Unanswered: Help with Run-time Error 2001

Continually get the run-time error 2001 when attempting to execute this bit of code tied to a command button on a form. The code breaks on the red line "(docmd.openquery qrybynsi) piece.

Private Sub cmdNSI_Click()
    Dim NSIs As Long

NSIs = DCount("NSI", "qryByNSI")

DoCmd.OpenQuery "qryByNSI", acViewNormal, acReadOnly
    DoCmd.OpenForm "frmNSI"

DoCmd.Close acQuery, "qryByNSI", acSaveNo

MsgBox "" & NSIs & " found.", vbOKOnly + vbInformation, "Records Found"

Me.txtNSI.Value = Null

End Sub

I perform this exact same code on a seperate command button, and it executes perfectly, so I'm not clear as to why this one isn't working. Any ideas?

Provided Answers: 6
    This is a little off the point, but why are you opening the query? Unless you've cut something out, it doesn't look like it needs to be opened.
    Paul

Provided Answers: 10
    You know how it says "Run-time error 2001"... Is there any text/description that comes along with that? I believe your problem may be to do with the number (or order/placement) of arguments... But without a copy of Access to hand or any more information my guess is well... only a guess!
    George
    Home | Blog

when i comment past the open query piece, i get an error stating the openfrom action was cancelled.

georgev - nothing beyod the error unfortunately. as stated initially, this works on a spereate command, so i can only assume it's a problem with the query...?

Provided Answers: 10
    Run-time error could be a number of things (or so Google told me) - have you searched the help file to see what this error might be due to?
    As mentioned above
    Code:
    DoCmd.OpenQuery "qryByNSI", acViewNormal, acReadOnly
    DoCmd.OpenForm "frmNSI"

DoCmd.Close acQuery, "qryByNSI", acSaveNo
    Why are you opening the query, then closing it? Does your form use that query as a record source perhaps? I don't think you need to even open or close the query, as Paul suggested above.
    George
    Home | Blog