Unanswered: 'you do not have the necessary permissions to use the <objectname> object

I was given this access database which I'm not sure how it was created and using what version of ACCESS. When i tried to open the database using ACCESS 2003, it says:

'You do not have the necessary permissions to use the object. Have your system administrator or the person who created this object establish the appropriate permissions for you. '

I read some articles re: MS Access Security. It's related to the security setting in the Workgroup file. But, I was'nt given any Workgroup file, was only given the .mdb file.

How can I open and read this database without the original workgroup file.

Any help will be very much appreciated.'you do not have the necessary permissions to use the <objectname> object

Create a new database and import all the objects from the other ...
    Back to Access ... ADO is not the way to go for speed ...

I tried creating a new database and import all the objects. However, the moment i tried importing from the secured database, the same error message appeared.

Maybe if you import all the objects one at a time. Or you could try importing all the tables at once, see if that works, then try importing all the queries at once and so on until you come across a set of objects that you can't import all at once, then import those one at a time until you at least single out which object is throwing that message up at you. That's what I'd do. Maybe the problem object isn't all that important, or maybe it's something you could easily re-create in your new database.

Well one other thing that pops to mind... When you open your Access 03 and create a new db, are you either logged in as or default logged in as Admin?
    Back to Access ... ADO is not the way to go for speed ...

Provided Answers: 59
    Id go back to the person who gave it to you and request they give you the correct userid & password that grants you the access you need. That is of course assuming that you have legitimate rights to do that.

failing that you may have splash out some cash with experts who can unlock Access MDB's
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

I still can't import the secured database into the newly created database even i import Tables first then follow by queries... The moment when i select the secured database while trying to import say the tables, the same error message appear.

btw, I logged on as the default Admin user when creating the new database

I wonder if you can do a search on the workgroup file that MS Access uses for security on the computer where the db was ORIGINALLY stored, copy them and install them to the same locations on your terminal?

i would think you aren't a member of the correct workgroup - the dbs may have been secured agianst a particluar workgroup - workgroups are called *.mdw - you have to join the workgroup to open/use the database