Unanswered: automate copying access talbe to sql server 2005 db

I have a table in MS Access that I would like to copy/import into SQL Server 2005. I would like to automate this process so that it copies the table over on a daily basis. Can someone tell me how this can be done?

Thank you in advance.

Well you can't export it directly ... You'll have to write out each record thru a recordset ... And you'll have to be aware of the type differences between the 2 rdbms' ...
    Back to Access ... ADO is not the way to go for speed ...

Provided Answers: 10
    Didn't I just answer this thread in the SQL Server topics?
    Please don't multiple post like that...
    and M Owen is completely right - the datatypes may (/will) cause you some difficulties.
    George
    Home | Blog

posting in two forums

I posted in two locations because I really need help with this and it is rather urgent. Since it involves two different applications, I posted in those two forums, what is the issue with doing that?

Provided Answers: 10
    If you multiple posts, you get two sets of answers in two different locations, for the same problem. This makes it harder for future users who may have the same problem as you to follow the issue (among other things).

Did either of the answers given in either thread provide a solution?
    George
    Home | Blog

I'd have to do some more research on your recommendation of using DTS Package. I'm very new to SQL Server so I am not familiar with this at all.

The suggestion by M Owen I believes involves using MS Access to do the copying, but I think it might be easier to do it using SQL Server, not sure though.

Quote Originally Posted by needInfo25
    I'd have to do some more research on your recommendation of using DTS Package. I'm very new to SQL Server so I am not familiar with this at all.

The suggestion by M Owen I believes involves using MS Access to do the copying, but I think it might be easier to do it using SQL Server, not sure though.
    Correct me if I'm wrong here, but your original question was Access table TO SQL Server ... Which usually means PUSHING from Access to SQL Server. Now, you're gonna investigate PULLING from Access in SQL Server?

Good luck.
    Back to Access ... ADO is not the way to go for speed ...