Thread: IE/Firefox View

Unanswered: IE/Firefox View

Hello,
    this thing is really irritating me and i don't think its related to php but still i hope you can help. visit

http://progam3s.com/games/pc.php using Internet explorer and mozilla firefox. see internet explorer shows the real page without table borders and stuff but firefox shows table and makes the page untidy..What is this problem? i want my site to appear as it appears on internet explorer.

Thanks

Provided Answers: 10
    Do you use CSS with your PHP..?
    I believe that might be where your issue lies.
    George
    Home | Blog

i don't use css style sheets..just normal tables and simple css code into headers which are not related to tables border.

Provided Answers: 59
    ... the real page?
    ... so which one is the real page then?

welcome to the world of web page design
    you probably need to explicitly specify all attributes for each element. using a separate CSS style file will help matters, ensuring consistency across the site..

each browser interprets the W3 specifications differently, each one has problems, each one claims its more complaint than 'the other'.

you will almost certainly find variation between the same browser on a different platform, AND different versions of the same browser.

so first off Id try to track down what are the known differences between say Mozilla / Firefox / IE, then Id try to plug thise holes.
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

the real page display is on internet explorer..i tried using seperate csssheet but did not help

In your tables you've got border="1"
    If you use this it's going to give you borders

The problem you are having with your tables is you haven't set the border-style up. Put this in your tables :

Code:
    style="border-style:collapse;"
    you've got to realise that FF and IE render objects differently

Quote Originally Posted by aschk
    In your tables you've got border="1"
    If you use this it's going to give you borders
    Lol yea i know its 1...cuz i am usning borders..goto that page using ie and you will see border line..but in FF its appearing different..

i added the code you added..The collapse one! it didn't help..i updated the code..you can still check..please tell me a solution