Unanswered: db restore error

Hey,
    Am trying to do a restore of a database but am getting this error " SQL2009C There is no enough memory available to run the utility". When backing up, i increased util_heap_sz and dbheap configuration parameters of the database before backing up.I have also increased the restbufsz configuration parameter but am still getting the same error.Am using v7.1 on a windows platform.
    Thnxs

Provided Answers: 5
    What is value of util_heap_sz for backup server? For restore server? What is your backup command? What is your restore command? Are the backup and restore on separate servers?

Andy

I am backing up on separate servers.The restore command is as follows: "restore database Dt from C:\backup into NewDb without prompting" and the backup command is "Backup database Dt to C:\backup with 2 buffers buffer 1024". The value for util_heap_sz is 20000 for the backup server and i am unable to set it for the restore server since there exists no other database on it.The backed up database will be the first.

Hi guys,
    Does anyone have an idea on how to solve this db restore problem?
    Thnxs

Provided Answers: 5
    Is there any difference in the amount of real and virtual memory (or anything else) between the two servers? What happens when you add the number of buffers and buffer size to the restore command (with 2 buffers buffer 1024)? If I remember correctly, V7 you had to have these match on the backup and restore commands to get it to work.

On a side note, you should consider migrating to V8 and then onto V9. V7 went out of service quite awhile ago, so getting any support on it will be impossible from IBM and increasingly more so from the community at large.

Andy

Thanks andy, am really considering migrating to v8.