Unanswered: Count down timer for Excell

Hello,
    I may have already posted this. If so please forgive, I'm new.

I want to know if, and how, a count down timer can be placed in a cell on a spread sheet.

My application is I have a spread sheet with two information cells; one for mile marker and the other for vehicle speed. I have 30 cells seperated in one mile incremments (based on the entered mile marker) and these cells are formated to tell me how much time will elapse at the given speed before the vehicle reaches a specific mile marker. I want to add a count down timer for each of the different cells that will obtain its start time from a specific cell so I can predict how much longer before the vehicle reaches a particular mile marker.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. T.J.
    (Sorry, I'm long winded)

Howdy and welcome to the board. I'm sure we can help, but a little more (long-windedness) is good.

Can you provide a workbook example and then put in specific cells what you expect the timer to read? Thanks.
    old, slow, and confused
    but at least I'm inconsistent!

Rich
    (retired Excel 2003 user, 3/28/2008)

How to ask a question on forums

Quote Originally Posted by shades
    Howdy and welcome to the board. I'm sure we can help, but a little more (long-windedness) is good.

Can you provide a workbook example and then put in specific cells what you expect the timer to read? Thanks.

Shades,
    I am not having much luck answering but it is not the fault of this forum but my own. I am trying to attach a spread sheet with the lay out of what I am attempting. If it doesn't come through I will try again. Thanks for your help. T.J.