Exclamation Unanswered: Link from a web page to a C program

I have a web page on a server and with a link from web page i want to start a C language program : program.exe. Somebody help me! Thanks.

C

What exactly this program do?Can you replace this program with a Java applet?
    Dimis
    Last edited by dimis2500; 05-03-07 at 17:27.

The program read paralel port of pc, read some sensors, temperature, move, security, fire.I don t think I can do that with a java applet. It is a complicate program. Anyway thanks maybe someone else help me with a hint..

C

You may do an Active x or to use a db storing that information, did you search if a "web language" (.net or servlets/Java classes maybe)can do the things you want?
    Dimis

Wink

yes..it seems php do the work that i want..but the program that i want to acces is in C and...I have 4 sensors, 1 to access from web page the program(read temperature) and 3(fire, move and security sensors) must tell to the web page: hey..is a fire; hei is movement here; hay sameone try to still from your house.
    I don t know what to do..I need solutions..
    Thank s for the ansers..

I just google it and find sockets as link, I thing something like that sould be the solution.
    Dimis

Thanks very much it is a good start..You deserve a big BEER !

Have you ever heard of JNI, in essence native calls from within a java application.

Quote Originally Posted by wah_wah_69
    Have you ever heard of JNI, in essence native calls from within a java application.
    No i didn t, but i will make a google search, thanks.