Question Unanswered: Database is being locked by "Admin"

I have a shared database using access 2003 on network. If more than 1 persons open at the same time then I got an error. "The database has been placed in a state by user 'Admin' on machine "machine name" that prevents it from being opened or locked." The database is the split database but all is used the same front-end. I have about 40 people using this database through Citrix, so I couldn't put their own front-end on their workstation. Please help how to get rid of this one. Thanks

Check your database options and in the Advanced menu, make sure the db is in 'Shared' mode..

Under Advanced tab, the default open mode = Shared and default record locking = no locks (or eitheir = Edited Records). Test both but not working.

Provided Answers: 7
    Split the database have the data on the server
    and the screen on the user computer.
    hope this help

See clear as mud

StePhan McKillen
    the aim is store once, not store multiple times
    Remember... Optimize 'til you die!
    Progaming environment:
    Access based on my own environment: DAO3.6/A97/A2000/A2003/A2007/A2010
    VB based on my own environment: vb6 sp5
    ASP based on my own environment: 5.6
    VB-NET based on my own environment started 2007
    SQL-2005 based on my own environment started 2008
    MYLE
    YOUR PASSWORD IS JUST LIKE YOUR TOOTHBRUSH DON'T SHARE IT.

Provided Answers: 59
    Quote Originally Posted by tweetyng
    Under Advanced tab, the default open mode = Shared and default record locking = no locks (or eitheir = Edited Records). Test both but not working.
    Id check the settings on the computer identifies in the error message as well (and any other PC that is using the app.. the Access settings are unique to that installation of Access not to that Access database.

incidentally if you are using Access 2000 in a multi user environment Id strongly suggest you use record locking rather than no locking or page/table locking

the other possible cause for this is if someone has opened a form / report / query for design.. that can place a lock on the db for other users.
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton