I installed a MSDE on a Windows XP SP2 and configured it for accepting remote connections. But It shows the "SQL Server doesnot exist or connection denied" message whenever I try to connect to this server. For more information I am adding more facts
* It is an MSDE and not a WMSDE
* Firewall is turned off
* Server process is listening on 0.0.0.0:1433
* TCP/IP and Named Pipes are enabled using server network utility
* LoginMode=2 is set for mixed mode authentication in the registry
* Tried restaring the Process and even windows after the changes.