Results 1 to 4 of 4
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2006

    Unanswered: Desperate about codepage

    Hi all, hope you can help me

    I have a db2 workgroup udb 8.2 FP 10 on windows 2003
    Territory Lat, Codepage 1252, Code set 1252, Country 3

    The problem is with special spanish characters and

    There are 2 applications: one vb that works perfect

    The other is a websphere 6.0 using IIS as webserver, on windows too

    I can't make those special characters work ok. I fill the forms and those
    characters return garbage when retrieved from the database.

    If I insert with CLP and select they are ok.

    I traced the jdbc type 2 driver websphere is using the this is the line:

    ( DBMS NAME="DB2/NT", Version="08.02.0003", Fixpack="0x23040106" )
    ( Application Codepage=1252, Database Codepage=1252, Char Send/Recv
    Codepage=1208, Graphic Send/Recv Codepage=1200 )

    Both codepages application and database are ok.

    I tried setting the codepage with db2 set to 1252 or 1208 but none works.

    What's the Send/Recv Codepage?
    All windows have the same regional settings

    Can anyone give me a clue?

    Thanks in advance


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Toronto, Canada
    Provided Answers: 1
    I guess that could happen if your browser character set is set to UTF-8 (I think it is the default for IE) when you fill the form. I don't believe it is a database issue.
    "It does not work" is not a valid problem statement.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Provided Answers: 1
    I agree with n_i. If you can see special characters in database using select, then I suggest you check your HTML code in <head> </head> there should be meta tag like this:
    <meta http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=windows-1252">
    The above code forces browser to use exact code page specified in html file. If this is not use browser uses some defaults, maybe utf-8 as n_i suggested. I always use meta tag definition. This definition all W3C HMTL compatible browsers use, so it is good practice anyway.

    Note: don't forget to refresh web browser web page using <CTRL>+<F5>, to make sure browser doesn't display page from browser local cache.

    Hope this helps,

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Thanks for all your answers

    The jsp pages had the correct metadata.

    I found the problem.

    On that pages we also use AJAX. This one has a setting for the codepage.

    Thanks all

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts