Unanswered: Add value to Combo box with SQL statement

I have created a combobox with the following SQL Statement as the rowsource:
    Code:
    SELECT First(tbl1.User) AS [User Field] FROM tbl1 GROUP BY tbl1.User;
    Basically, tbl1 has multiple entries from each user and the above statement lists each different user just once (so rather than having 20 different instances of user1, user1 is only listed once).

This works exactly as I want it to. However, I would like to add the value <<ALL>> to the result, so I can show all the users in the table, with <<ALL>> as the top selection, without adding a record to tbl1 with the user <<All>>. I will then code the variable I use in a different SQL statement to be a wildcard if <<ALL>> is selected. Is this possible? Cheers.

Provided Answers: 59
    select DISTINCT?
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

Yes, it seems the following SQL does the same thing in a much simpler way:

Code:
    SELECT DISTINCT tbl1.Entered FROM tbl1;
    Many thanks for that - that could have saved me an hour yesterday!

Is there a way to Add the value "<<ALL>>" to the result, without it being in tbl1?

You can try to add “ALL” like Default Value in combobox.

Many thanks for your reply - I already tried that but putting a default value doesn't appear to do anything at all. I also tried the following in the row source:
    Code:
    "<<ALL>>" AND (SELECT DISTINCT tblAuditTrail.AuditTrailEnteredBy FROM tblAuditTrail;)
    This generated an error - am I on the right lines?

Worked it out - For the benefit of anyone searching in future: Rather than type the SQL into the row source, I set an ADO connection when the form opened. Then I opened the recordset with the sql string above and set a string variable called strRowSource. I Set strRowsource to equal "<<ALL>>;" and then using a loop, added all the other value to the string with the ; character. I then set this variable as the row source.