Thread: DB information

Unanswered: DB information

Hi all,
    Is there is any table where we get the informtion about the postgres DB like buffer ,lock, memory stats..I want to know the table like Sysperfinfo in MSSQL

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanx n Advance
    Arun

Provided Answers: 12
    I have no idea what sysperfinfo shows, but the system catalog from PG seems to have the information you are looking for:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/static/catalogs.html

Also, quite a bit of data is available in the ANSI SQL standard information schema. However, the information in the systems tables/views, as well as the information schema are database metadata. What you're actually looking for is, I believe, collected by the statistics collector.
    Last edited by loquin; 05-04-07 at 16:10.
    Lou
    使大吃一惊
    "Lisa, in this house, we obey the laws of thermodynamics!" - Homer Simpson
    "I have my standards. They may be low, but I have them!" - Bette Middler
    "It's a book about a Spanish guy named Manual. You should read it." - Dilbert

Tanks for ur replies shammat and loquin ,im actually looking for the Lock details,Buffer hit ratio,how many transaction done in a sec,latch details,memory,databse details ,user details........kinda stuff.can u help me in getting all the data.

Thanx n advance
    Arun

Provided Answers: 12
    Quote Originally Posted by adorearun
    Tanks for ur replies shammat and loquin ,im actually looking for the Lock details,Buffer hit ratio,how many transaction done in a sec,latch details,memory,databse details ,user details........kinda stuff.can u help me in getting all the data.

Thanx n advance
    Arun
    They all sound like Oracle performance settings. I don't think they have a 1:1 equivalent in PG. You should read the administration part of the manual. If it's not described in there, I don't think the values are available.

did you check out the statistics collector documentation link above? As far as I know, that's the closest you're going to get. Now, keep in mind that pg doesn't maintain a history log of these stats - the stats are a snapshot in time. You'll have to read the stats each second (or 5 seconds, or some other time base,) and calculate your own "per second" values where appropriate.
    Last edited by loquin; 05-04-07 at 16:17.
    Lou
    使大吃一惊
    "Lisa, in this house, we obey the laws of thermodynamics!" - Homer Simpson
    "I have my standards. They may be low, but I have them!" - Bette Middler
    "It's a book about a Spanish guy named Manual. You should read it." - Dilbert

Thanks for your information, i will go through the link and let you know if i have any doubts