Unanswered: Oracle 10gR2 Email Alerts Going to wrong account

Oracle 10gR2 (10.2.0.3)
    Windows 2003 (SP1)
    Dell PE 2650

Ugh. I am by no means an Oracle guru; I've been maintaining a pair of Oracle 10gR2 db servers for about 2 years (one prod, one test). I configured EM and EM alerts on both servers.

The prod server is just fine; it sends out alerts and we receive them into our group mail account and life is good.

The test server, however, sends alerts to the wrong account (one that is only intended to be an outbound account).

I have checked under setup/preferences and the notification rules section. These all appear to be identical to production. When I click on the button to test notifications from EM, I get a test e-mail message (just as I would expect). I am certain that it is not an issue with redirects being configured on the email servers, but I am at a loss to explain what else it might be.

I vaguely recall that during installation you can specify an account to send alerts to and I am wondering if the entry there is overriding or somehow interfering with the other settings. Or have I missed something else entirely.

Regards,

hmscott
    Have you hugged your backup today?

What OS is the database server on? If it is linux, check the aliases table in /etc to see if it is being redirected.
    Bill
    You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice.

Nope. It's Windows 2003 (SP1).

I'm going to try to dig through some of the XML files in the db_1 directory.

Regards,

hmscott

Thumbs up

Okay, I found it. Queries the database using:
    Code:
    SELECT * FROM SYSMAN.MGMT_NOTIFY_DEVICES
    From that, I deduced that the sysman profile must have been set up with the wrong e-mail account. Logged is as sysman and clicked on preferences. Then updated the e-mail. Interestingly, that deleted all the entries in the notifications schedule. So I rebuilt that and now I think things are all set.

The only question left in my mind is why the other entries that I had created in the notifications schedule weren't receiving anything. I'll check into that later.