Unanswered: PO form (Purchase Order form)

I am doing the project and got stuck. I have 2 questions to ask if anybody know any of these, please let me know I really appreciate.

1/. To the PO form, do you know how to display PO # on
    the form. This # usually shows up at the top right
    corner of the form (6 digit # such as 026191). I set
    up in database by using identity increment in PO #
    column so that every time the user adds new orders,
    the PO # will automatically increase.
    To ASP file, how can I display the #?

2/. After the user fill out the form, they will submit
    to whoever approves the orders like a manager, it should be default. At the left bottom it shows the name of the person who orders. At the right bottom it shows the name of the approval person like manager. Do you know how to set up this?
    If you have any ideas, please let me know.
    Thank you for your help.

Provided Answers: 1
    The form on the right hand side under the claim indicator is broken, how do I fix it?
    oh yeah... documentation... I have heard of that.

*** What Do You Want In The MS Access Forum? ***

Quote Originally Posted by jennyphb
    I am doing the project and got stuck. I have 2 questions to ask if anybody know any of these, please let me know I really appreciate.

1/. To the PO form, do you know how to display PO # on
    the form. This # usually shows up at the top right
    corner of the form (6 digit # such as 026191). I set
    up in database by using identity increment in PO #
    column so that every time the user adds new orders,
    the PO # will automatically increase.
    To ASP file, how can I display the #?

2/. After the user fill out the form, they will submit
    to whoever approves the orders like a manager, it should be default. At the left bottom it shows the name of the person who orders. At the right bottom it shows the name of the approval person like manager. Do you know how to set up this?
    If you have any ideas, please let me know.
    Thank you for your help.
    Well, what you are asking seems to be the basic stuff in ASP. It is so basic that I thinks I am misunderstanding you unless you don't know about the basic coding of ASP. Do let me know if you are beginner in ASP. So that I would try to code the things you needed and post it here. Also it would be better if you could post the things as much as possible like the database table and form to be posted, so that you don't have to change much when I codes.

HTH,

Khurram.

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy
    The form on the right hand side under the claim indicator is broken, how do I fix it?
    Sorry! But didn't get what do you mean.

Khurram.

Thank you for your response.
    Yes, I am a beginner in ASP. I just get started and this is my 1st project so I need your help in order to complete the project.

Here are my db tables: Orders, Order_Details, User, Locations, Vendors, Approved_by
    Attached here are some ASP files so you can take a look

I am sorry, I thought they were attached, but not. You know what since the files ext is .asp so I can't attach.
    Last edited by loquin; 05-07-07 at 13:29.

Compress them to .zip or .rar and then attach.

Khurram.
    Last edited by loquin; 05-07-07 at 13:37. Reason: removed offline email link

jennyphb/khurram007: Please, do not take a discussion off-line (PM or EMail, or IM,) as this defeats the entire premise of an on-line forum. (that others might help you, or be helped by the answers you receive. Nobody else can ever be helped by answers you receive offline.) Plus, offering to provide a solution doesn't help the original poster learn how to do something.

An alternative site, asp101, has some very good beginners articles and tutorials dealing with accessing a database from asp. Take a look at their articles and code samples, and when you have specific questions, please post them here.
    Last edited by loquin; 05-07-07 at 13:36.
    Lou
    使大吃一惊
    "Lisa, in this house, we obey the laws of thermodynamics!" - Homer Simpson
    "I have my standards. They may be low, but I have them!" - Bette Middler
    "It's a book about a Spanish guy named Manual. You should read it." - Dilbert

Sorry about this, I don't mean to break the rules, just don't know about this.

Ok. Jenny, you can attach the files here. I will do what is required and then will explain what I have done. I don't think that moderators would mind it.

Khurram

Quote Originally Posted by khurram007
    Ok. Jenny, you can attach the files here. I will do what is required and then will explain what I have done. I don't think that moderators would mind it.

Khurram
    Thank you for your kindness.
    Ok, I will attach db tables, and asp file so you can see what I did, but you should change the ext of the files.

1/. To the PO #, I want it to show up at the top right corner of the PO form, and the # will automatically increase every time the user add new orders.
    I use this code, but it does not display

<%response.write "#" & session ("PO_Num")%>
    the output should be:
    PURCHASE ORDER # 1000000

The number 100000 does not show (I set PO# started at this #)

2/. To the Ordered By, and Approved By, I want to show up at the left and right bottom of the PO form, but they don't occur

I use these codes:

<% response.write "ORDERED BY " & session("userfirstname") & " " & session("userlastname")& "<br>" & session("userdept")& " " & session("usertitle")%></td>

<% response.write "APPROVED BY " & session("appr_fname") & " " & session("appr_lname")& "<br>" & session ("appr_dept")& " " & session ("appr_title")%></td>

but I am confused about the manager approval, it should be received the name after the user submit the form, but not before (since not approved yet), how can we deal with this???
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by loquin
    jennyphb/khurram007: Please, do not take a discussion off-line (PM or EMail, or IM,) as this defeats the entire premise of an on-line forum. (that others might help you, or be helped by the answers you receive. Nobody else can ever be helped by answers you receive offline.) Plus, offering to provide a solution doesn't help the original poster learn how to do something.

An alternative site, asp101, has some very good beginners articles and tutorials dealing with accessing a database from asp. Take a look at their articles and code samples, and when you have specific questions, please post them here.
    Could you pls remove the attachments that I posted?
    Thank you