Unanswered: Report Export Into Excel Format

Does anybody now a quick and dirty way of exporting reports in access to excel format? The only output formats available are HTML, Rich Text, Snapshot, Text, and XML. If the export in excel format were possible would the formatting of the report be retained?

Any groupings in reports come out like a dog's breakfast in Excel. Snapshot & I think pdf are the only reliable ways to retain formatting.

Quick an dirty: Tools-> Office Links -> Analyse with Excel
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump
    ur codings are working excelent.

Provided Answers: 19
    I believe this will do it:
    Code:
    DoCmd.OutputTo acOutputReport,"YourReportName", acFormatXLS, "CompleteOutPutPathAndFileName"
    But Pootle Flump is correct in that exporting reports to Excel generally doesn't turn out well, as all formatting is gone! i.e. if you have, say, monthly incomes

01/07 02/07 03/07 04/07
    1200 1400 1350 1600

in Excel it'll come out

01/07 02/07 03/07 04/07 1200 1400 1350 1600

with no correlation between the months and the incomes. I've never exported to pdf but the Snapshot gives a perfect rendition of the original report including all formatting. The Snapshot viewer ships with all versions of Access since 2000, I believe, and allows the .snp files to be viewed, printed and emailed.
    Hope this helps!

The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007

Thanks for the help guys. I don't think that missing the formatting will be such a big deal to our customers. They simply want to be able to manipulate the data in the reports that we send them.

Thanks again