Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    217

    Unanswered: (VB6) Adodc and textboxes no longer working

    I was creating a form with an ActiveX data control (ADODC) and some textboxes in VB6: the textboxes' Datasource property is set to Adodc1, each of them's Datafield property is set to a field in Adodc1.
    And the Adodc1 is set to a table in a certain Access database.

    It used to require NO coding at all to show the records in the textboxes.
    All I need to do was to press F5 and then the textboxes would be filled with data.

    But after a while, it suddenly stopped working - the textboxes become empty now.

    I don't know what happened. Can anyone help me ??

    Thanks in advance.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Arizona, USA
    Posts
    1,848
    I would suggest that you lose the ADODC, and use ADO instead.

    ADODC is bound to a VERY obsolete version of ADO. It is inflexible, and it's resource intensive.

    ref this ADO Tutorial at a sister-site.
    Lou
    使大吃一惊
    "Lisa, in this house, we obey the laws of thermodynamics!" - Homer Simpson
    "I have my standards. They may be low, but I have them!" - Bette Middler
    "It's a book about a Spanish guy named Manual. You should read it." - Dilbert


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    217
    Loquin,

    I solved the problem by re-installing VB6. Perhaps I REMOVED some REFERENCES previously.

    Your suggestion (to use ADO recordset instead) is helpful.
    The ADODC was NOT able to lock records even though I set its lock type to "Pessimistic". But when I started using ADO recordset, it CAN lock records.

    Thanks.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •