Thread: job failed.

Unanswered: job failed.

I have a job run on sql server at 8:00pm every night. But just one night, i got warning:

SQL Server Scheduled Job 'Pickup 16-day old Regulations' (0x3A7230FA2FAD3A4AB06CF41F871F957A) - Status: Failed - Invoked on: 2007-05-04 08:00:00 - Message: The job failed. Unable to determine if the owner (SDOM\sdmin) of job Pickup 16-day old Regulations has server access (reason: Could not obtain information about Windows NT group/user 'SDOM\sadmin'. [SQLSTATE 42000] (Error 8198)).

But on the next day, it worked fine.

Anybody help me? Thanks.
    Last edited by yyu; 05-07-07 at 15:53.

Provided Answers: 1
    Isolated network issue?
    If it's not practically useful, then it's practically useless.

blindman
    www.chess.com: "sqlblindman"
    www.LobsterShot.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by blindman
    Isolated network issue?
    One of the reasons that I always set my job owners to a SQL Server login (not NT login).

Regards,

hmscott
    Have you hugged your backup today?

It could be network problem as next day until now it works fine. Maybe i need to change sql server login. I have another question, as this job was created by other people, if it failed. How can i run this job immediately. I tried to right click this job to start the job. But it didn't run.

Quote Originally Posted by yyu
    It could be network problem as next day until now it works fine. Maybe i need to change sql server login. I have another question, as this job was created by other people, if it failed. How can i run this job immediately. I tried to right click this job to start the job. But it didn't run.
    What's the error message in the log file say?

What are your privileges on the server?

Also, the error you described in your original post could occur if the domain controller(s) was not available at the time the job started. This is a good reason to have at least two DCs in any network. Just make sure that LAN doesn't schedule both to be down at the same time.

Regards,

hmscott
    Have you hugged your backup today?