Unanswered: Date schema in a readable format

I am linking tables into an access database and I am having issues with being able to read the data which is coming over the link in a readable date format. The data is being displayed as an interger (ex. 1069432250) and I need to be able to sort on this field as well as report on it. In this format, no one will be able to read the data.

I am linking this access database to the SQL Server Database through a ODBC connection.

Instead of using the linked table directly, use an append query to append the data to a bona fide Access table with the fields formatted to way you want. Use the new table for your Access work.

Sam

How is this field defined in SQL Server? What does it show as a field definition when looking at the linked table in design view within Access? where in the world do you live/work? That is, what is the date format that you are using? Those answers will be a big help in helping you.
    Those two answers will help a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Landy
    Instead of using the linked table directly, use an append query to append the data to a bona fide Access table with the fields formatted to way you want. Use the new table for your Access work.

Sam

Sam,

The link table is working effectively, I simply needed to know the Expression to write to convert the Interger value thats carried over fromt eh SQL Server DB .. to the Access DB ..

I have played with it and got it to work terrific ..

the Expression is Access is:

Expr1: [dbo_VIEW_REQUEST_2]![open_date]/86400+#1/1/1970#

The Expression for use in MS Excell:

=A3/86400+DATE(1970,1,1)

Thanks for the help ...