Database Architect/ Data Modeler Wanted in NYC

Please reply to

We are looking for a motivated, skilled, quality minded and detailed oriented individual to lead the database design of an exciting new web application located in New York City. The Data Architect will construct and maintain the data models (entity/relationship, multi-dimensional, object-oriented) that are used by the site. A diverse and extensive technical Database background, with considerable experience in conceptual and physical database design, tools, and applications is required. Expert knowledge of development tools and the complete application development life cycle is also required.

The Database Architect will work closely with the Infrastructure Architect and Technical Lead ensuring that the applications data architecture is complete and meets the system requirements. The database architect will be accountable for the overall design and implementation of the database, including:

* Creation of capacity and performance models
    * Creation of the database design documents
    * Creation of the logical and physical data models
    * Implementation and administration of the DBMS in startup and operational environments.
    * Create all required databases
    * Configure and tuning of the database servers for optimal performance
    * Review of SQL code created by the development team
    * Definition and implementation of user access controls
    * Develop, implement and test the Database Backup and Recovery requirements
    * Support all phases of testing and test data creation

Required Skills:
    * Experienced with very large database, data warehouse and data mart implementations
    * Experienced with Microsoft Technology in large scale database and application implementations
    * Deep knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server 2005
    * Experienced in all aspects of database tuning, installation, configuration, backup and recovery
    * Experienced in both logical and physical data modeling with emphasis on physical implementations
    * Attention to detail, and a commitment to produce quality work
    * Able to hit the ground running and work under strict and aggressive timeframes
    * A team player with excellent communication skills
    * Requires minimal supervision and takes ownership of their work
    * Successful, delivers on deliverables and timelines.
    * Experienced in the Software Development Lifecycle
    * Social networking experience is a plus

Please reply to

Hi, looking for DB Resumes!

I've been given the task of finding a SQL database architect/data modeler in NYC. I've posted on Craigslist and searched resumes there, to no avail. I'm wary of signing up and paying to search on sites like monster and hotjobs. Can anyone refer me to a place where database resumes/jobs might be searched??

Toronto, Canada
    moving thread to Job Opportunites forum | @rudydotca
    Buy my SitePoint book: Simply SQL

Data Modeler

Hi. I'm a data modeler. I live about 2.5 hours west of NYC in Harrisburg PA right now.

My web site is

Over 14 years of Information Technology experience. Includes extensive experience with multiple technologies, Data Modeler, Oracle DBA, Oracle 9iAS, and other Oracle technologies on Unix/Linux (8 years), relational data, Erwin, ETL, and application development, Unix system administration, technology integration. Strongest skills are Sun Solaris and other Unix/Linux versions (14 years), Java technologies (10 years), Oracle (8 years).

Data Modeler