Hi

A database here containing a full-text catalog was moved from one SQL 2000 Server to another but unfortunately the full-text catalog was not moved with it.

Now when I try to delete the full-text catalog in Enterprise Manager, I get this message:

Microsoft SQL-DMO
Error 20565: [SQL-DMO]Database is not full-text enabled yet.

When I run SP_FULLTEXT_DATABASE ENABLE, it gives this error after about 10 mins:

(1 row(s) affected)

Server: Msg 1204, Level 19, State 1, Procedure sp_fulltext_database, Line 51
The SQL Server cannot obtain a LOCK resource at this time. Rerun your statement when there are fewer active users or ask the system administrator to check the SQL Server lock and memory configuration.

This is even when the application using the database is not running and there are no other connections to the database except for Query Analyzer to run the SP_FULLTEXT_DATABASE ENABLE query.

I have this problem on a test version of the database running Microsoft SQL Server 2000 - 8.00.2162 (Intel X86) Sep 30 2005 19:59:14 and on our production server running Microsoft SQL Server 2000 - 8.00.818 (Intel X86) May 31 2003 16:08:15

Does anyone know how I can delete the full-text catalog so that I can create a new one?
I have tried running the SQL Server 2005 T-SQL command DROP FULLTEXT INDEX but it gives this error:
Server: Msg 170, Level 15, State 1, Line 1
Line 1: Incorrect syntax near 'FULLTEXT'.

I can't find any corresponding command for SQL Server 2000 in Books Online nor on MSDN.

Any help with this much appreciated.

thanks
Gary