Thread: Lytec Software

Unanswered: Lytec Software

Hello,
    I dont know if I am posting this message in the right forum, but anyway this is what I want to know. I want to build an interface to "Lytec billing software", does anyone know where I can find the Lytec software's API's or Activex controls or any technical documents. Any technical info like language, etc. on this software will be helpful.

Thanks in Advance

Kuber

Provided Answers: 4
    I believe some versions of Lytec use the Pervasive engine.
    If the version you have uses the Pervasive engine and you have DDFs, you can create an ODBC connection to the data.
    Mirtheil Software
    Certified Pervasive Developer
    Certified Pervasive Technician
    Custom Btrieve/VB development
    http://www.mirtheil.com
    I do not answer questions by email. Please post on the forum.

Hi Mirteil,
    Thanks for the reply. Pervasive is the backend database and Lytec software is the front end. I dont know what kind of tools this Lytec software is bult on, for example .Net, VB, Power Builder or Oracle Forms etc.
    I dont want to update the database directly, what I want is, if I login to Lytec billing software and do some transaction, I want to do the same transaction through some package, Function or Procedure written by Lytec software without using the Lytec Software front end.

Thanks again
    Kuber

Provided Answers: 4
    I don't know if Lytec offers an API or interface to use their functions. I've never heard of that. Most Lytec users I've dealt with are trying to access the database directly without Lytec.
    Mirtheil Software
    Certified Pervasive Developer
    Certified Pervasive Technician
    Custom Btrieve/VB development
    http://www.mirtheil.com
    I do not answer questions by email. Please post on the forum.

You can use any programming language you want to build an interface. You can use odbc to interface with pervasive if you have lytec 2005 or older. o/w you would use mssql. trick is getting the syntax right.

Angry Lytec Database Access

Quote Originally Posted by mirtheil View Post
    I don't know if Lytec offers an API or interface to use their functions. I've never heard of that. Most Lytec users I've dealt with are trying to access the database directly without Lytec.
    Been frustrated for years about Lytec's crappy reporting and the amount of data that I can not get to. Anybody have a way to export the data and format reports from it.