Unanswered: MsAccess Runtime use

Hello again,i have a question for you.
    I made a little application in MsAccess and i would like to know the follow.

It is legal,under all the legal aspects,to download a MsAccess runtime (any version)and use it in a computer wich has no MsAccess installed on it ?
    Where can i download the MsAccess runtime for MsAccess XP ?

I notice in a certains legal/official software pages,that they says to download the MsAccess runtime from their download page in order to run their programs,so i thought itīs legal to use the runtime but,you never know,i thought maybe itīs better to ask here at the forum.
    You know,the fact is that i would like to use a few applications wich i made with MsAccess in my shop without the need to install MsAccess.

Thatīs all,i hope someone unsure me that all this is legal and possible.
    Thanks to all.
    Best regards from Claudio

Provided Answers: 10
    I beleive you can get MS Visual Studio Tools for around £150 ($280), which allows you to create *legitimate* run-time versions of access databases which will run on any computer with or without Access installed.

Alternatively - buy a copy of Access
    George
    Home | Blog

Quote Originally Posted by georgev
    I beleive you can get MS Visual Studio Tools for around Ģ150 ($280), which allows you to create *legitimate* run-time versions of access databases which will run on any computer with or without Access installed.

Alternatively - buy a copy of Access
    Thanks a lot for the advise,i really appreciated.
    Dont know if i can find a copy of Access.Maybe i will.Dont know if the Access language program is compatible with an OS in another language.
    Will see.
    Thanks again.
    Regards.
    Claudio

You can also legally distribute the MSAccess run-time if you have the Office Developer's edition (which I believe is no longer available though).
    Expert Database Programming
    MSAccess since 1.0, SQL Server since 6.5, Visual Basic (5.0, 6.0)

For the 2007 version, Office 2007 Developer Extensions was supposed to be released yesterday. I don't know if they really were, but it is/will be free http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/office/bb229700.aspx, http://blogs.msdn.com/access/archive...n-the-way.aspx

Edit: Seems there's some new info available - there's been a delay http://blogs.msdn.com/clintcovington...load-page.aspx
    Last edited by RoyVidar; 05-16-07 at 04:23. Reason: New info
    Roy-Vidar

Thanks for the info Roy-Vidar! I thought they had discontinued the Developer's edition but it's good to know they continued with it.
    Expert Database Programming
    MSAccess since 1.0, SQL Server since 6.5, Visual Basic (5.0, 6.0)